Extend the summer and enjoy life on the water at Southampton Boat Show 2017
17 May 2017
Back for its 49th year, the Southampton Boat Show returns this September to witness thousands of people getting out on the water at the UK’s premier nautical event.
Celebrating the lifestyle, fun and excitement that being on the water has to offer, Britain’s biggest festival of boating is set against a stunning backdrop of hundreds of boats lined up along Europe’s largest purpose-built marina.
The event offers a host of family-friendly attractions alongside live music and thrilling entertainment including:
• New for 2017, the Paddle River Experience will transport visitors to a woodland stream and offer those of all ages and ability the chance to start their canoeing or paddleboarding adventure
• A brand new experience for 2017, the Show will have its very own passenger boat. Hundreds of visitors will be able to climb aboard and enjoy a boat trip in the Solent, taking in the impressive view of the Show from a new perspective
• New for 2017, children and adults will be able to go bell boating at the Show. A twin hulled open canoe seating up to 12 people, bell boats offer fun for all, family and friends.
• The ultimate motorised boating experience for children aged 3-13 years, allowing the youngest generation the opportunity to master the art of steering whilst having fun with the onboard water cannon
• The hugely popular free ‘Try-a-Boat’ sessions from On The Water will allow visitors to experience the thrill of being out on the water trying out some of the latest trends in watersports activities
• The family friendly Adventure River Canoe Ride allows the youngest Show visitors to try their hand at canoeing on its winding river
• Plus, On The Water’s ‘Get Afloat’, will offer children aged 8-16 years the chance to discover dinghy sailing, Stand Up Paddleboarding (SUP) all for free
• Enjoy a premium experience with the Global Challenge Sailing Experience, offering visitors an exhilarating adventure sailing onboard a 72ft Ocean Race Yacht as part of a 12 strong crew, and the VIP Platinum Experience which includes a cruise on a luxury motor yacht
With the summer calendar coming to a close, the Southampton Boat Show promises to be the coolest way to extend the season with plenty of opportunities to unwind. Relax at one of the Show’s many bars and enjoy live entertainment at one of the two dome stages. Or simply soak up the last of the summer sun whilst climbing on and off board some of the most idyllic boats in the world.