This year’s Show is a festival of boating fun for all the family. Brand new attractions to enjoy, see and have a go at as well as much loved favourites.
Whatever your age or skill level, whether you’re an aspiring sailor, junior paddleboarder or avid skipper, looking for family-fun or a challenge, there is something for everyone. Nine ways to get out on the water at the Southampton Boat Show are:
- A brand new experience for 2017, the Show will have its very own Show passenger boat. Daily, hundreds of visitors will be able to climb aboard and enjoy a boat trip in the Solent, taking in the impressive view of the Show from a new perspective and enjoying just being out on the water
- For the first time, the Paddle River Experience will take pride of place in Solent Park. With a 60 metre waterway circuit and attractive lush greenery, this new attraction will transport visitors to a woodland stream and offer those of all ages and ability the chance to start their canoeing or paddleboarding adventure
- New for 2017, children and adults will be able to go bell boating at the Show. A twin hulled open canoe seating up to 12 people, bell boats offer fun for all, family and friends.
- The Adventure River Canoe Ride, located in the Show’s Arena, will offer the youngest Show visitors to try their hand at canoeing on its winding river
- The ultimate motorised boating experience for children aged 3-13 years, located in Solent Park, will allow the youngest generation the opportunity to master the art of steering whilst having fun with the onboard water cannon
- The hugely popular free ‘Try-a-Boat’ sessions from On The Water will allow visitors to experience the thrill of being out on the water in a selection of vessels. Plus, On The Water’s ‘Get Afloat’ will offer children aged 8-16 years the chance to discover dinghy sailing and Stand Up Paddleboarding (SUP), all for free.
- Ocean Hall is where you can discover new technology plus loads of gadgets, gizmos and unique bargains.
Premium experiences will also be available, with the return of the Global Challenge Sailing Experience, offering visitors an exhilarating adventure sailing onboard a 72ft Ocean Race Yacht as part of a 12 strong crew, and the VIP Platinum Experience which includes a cruise on a luxury motor yacht