Frequently Asked Questions
- I have not received my tickets? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Ticket Hotline on 0844 776 7766
- What are the Opening times for the Show? Gates will be open from 9:30am for access into the Arena. The Show will be open from 10am everyday. Opening times found here
- Can I use my ticket for Public Preview Day? If you have purchased a Public Preview Day or Any Day ticket, this can be used for Public Preview Day or any day after that. (admission on just one day) Ticket prices found here
- Are public allowed to come to the Show on Preview Day? Public entry is permitted on Public Preview Day find out more
- How do I get to the Show? There are several ways to get to Southampton, see the Travel information page to find the best mode for you.
- Is there somewhere I can leave my luggage? No
- Can I return back into the Show(s) on the same day if I go out? No, there is a no return policy.
- Can I bring my dog to the Show? No, except assisted dogs. Find out more
- What shoes should I wear? Comfortable shoes (deck shoes if you have them are ideal)
- Do children go free to the Show? Yes. To find out how see the ticket page and terms and conditions for entry
- Can I book any of the ‘Have A Go' activities in advance? No. Try A Boat can only be booked on arrival at the Show, you are not able to book a trip in advance. It is based on a first come first served basis. Please ensure you get to the Show early to avoid disapointment. Find out more
- Can you pre book car parking? Car parking cannot be pre-booked. To find out prices please take a look at the Travel information
- Is there Park and Ride? We no longer operate Park and Ride however there is plenty or parking located close to the Show.
- Is there disabled access at the Show? Yes. To find out more information take a look at the Visitor Facilities section and the Disabled access page.
- Is there disabled parking? Yes. There are a number of parking spaces available in all City Council surface car parks for visitors displaying a valid blue badge (disabled parking). Find out more by taking a look at the Disabled Access area
If you cannot find the answer to your question on the page, please contact us